NP Gas (SL) Limited is committed to attaining the highest standard in Health, Safety, Security and environmental performance by striving to fulfil all Health, Safety, Security and environmental obligations and commitments towards being a responsible corporate citizen. This HSSE policy mandates that all employees, contractors, retail outlets and all value chain members assume leadership roles in mitigating issues relating to HSSE arising in our pursuit of business aspiration and activities.
NP Gas (SL) Limited considers the implementation and adherence to our HSSE policy as an integral code of business strategy, systems, processes and practices. It shall explore sustainable approaches at work and implement suitable mitigations to reduce challenges associated with HSSE with a view to protect our employees, value chain members, the local environment, communities and society at large.
Finally, NP Gas (SL) Limited aims to fulfil its HSSE commitments through the following broad-level considerations:
We demonstrate our commitment by:
- Providing and maintaining safe and secure facilities and working conditions
- Recognizing that all employees have responsibility for their own safety and security and actions which could affect the safety of others and the community at large
- Adoption of appropriate technologies to minimize the impact of our activities on the environment.
We have established clear objectives and targets to:
- Improve our performance continuously for prevention of accidents and occupational illnesses and minimizing any impact of our activities on the environment
- Promoted learning through training and sharing of experiences and best practices of HSSE with contractors, customers, value chain members and the public at large whenever required.
- Inculcate values and attributes conducive to achieve excellence in HSSE performance.
We provide to achieve our mission by:
- Assigning clear roles and responsibilities at all levels and periodically reviewing and recognizing contribution to HSSE objectives
- Fostering a spirit of participatory by all employees in Health, Safety, security and Environment of self, our terminal and facilities at all locations and markets we operate in.
- Creating appropriate forums for deliberations of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental issues.
Furthermore we will ensure the following:
- Work with Government departments and responsible organizations to ensure compliance with HSSE legislation, requirements and code of practices.
- Put in place Management systems and procedures to address HSSE and adopt the principle of continual improvement.
- Set clear and measurable HSSE standards and targets in order to appraise and report on performance.
- Hold all managers, supervisors and contractors accountable for HSSE in their areas of responsibility.
- Provide HSSE training for all of our employees.
- Committed to complying with all the applicable environmental related legal and statutory requirements and in particular “Zero Discharge Policy”
- Assessment of potential environmental risks and impacts for new projects and ongoing operations to determine suitable environmental management plan frameworks.
- Integrate responsible environmental leadership in the planning and decision making process.
- Adopting the “3-R” (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle” philosophy for all types of wastes toward prevention of pollution and degradation of existing wastes.
- Promoting green procurement to the extent possible wherever applicable
- Dispose of inevitable wastes in line with NP Gas (SL) Limited regulatory requirement and industry best practices.
- Communicate the environmental policy to all employees, contractors, business associates and other stakeholders.
- Work with the environmental protection Agency to foster timely development of effectively environmental laws and regulations.
- Control emissions and wastes to below harmful and controllable levels.
- Review the environmental policy and allied management systems periodically to endure their continuing applicability and relevance to NP Gas (SL) Limited’s operations and evolving stakeholder expectation.